The European Consortium for Organic Plant Breeding (ECO-PB), founded 20th April 2001 in Driebergen (NL), pursues...
- providing a platform for discussion and exchange of knowledge and experiences.
- the initiation, support of organic plant breeding programmes,
- the development of scientific concepts of an organic plant breeding
- the provision of independent, competent expertise to develop standard setting with respect to organic plant breeding
The European Consortium for Organic plant breeding (ECO-PB)...
- commits itself to the principles of organic agriculture as laid down in the IFOAM Basic Standards and EU Regulation (EEC) 2092/91
- is member of IFOAM International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements
- offers full membership to all organisations that are actively and predominantly engaged in the development and promotion of organic plant breeding or organic agriculture
- offers supporting membership to all persons and organisations predominantly engaged in organic agriculture and complying with the objectives of the association
- carry out meetings on organic plant breeding issues
- work out a sound concept based on principles of organic agriculture as a basis for organic plant breeding
- set up organic variety trials on cereal and vegetable crops in different countries in Europe to study how they perform under different conditions
- set up research projects on organic plant breeding
- raise funds for projects and ECO-PB's work
- providing discussion paper on plant breeding issues to support the decision making process