International conference: Ensuring diversity for food and agriculture, taking place on 21 - 24 June 2021. This conference is an arena to share knowledge and perspectives, promote the embedding of in situ conservation and sustainable use of plant genetic resources in key legislative and governance frameworks, and scale out progress in Europe and other regions towards a global initiative to safeguard diversity for food and agriculture for the future.
- Institution: Farmer’s Pride, EUCARPIA Section Genetic Resources and the European Cooperative Programme for Plant Genetic resources
- Location: Troia Peninsula, Portugal
- Date: 21 - 24 June 2021
- Language: English
Organic World Congress 2021, taking place on 6-10 September 2021. The OWC will be both an in-person and virtual event. From mid-January 2021, you will be able to purchase tickets for the in-person sessions in Rennes. The pre-conference Seed Ambassadors: Building an International Network to Advance Organic Seed Systems will be an opportunity to engage young seed ambassadors and seed pioneers, build relationships and broaden international representation within the organic seed community.
- Location: Rennes, France & Online
- Date: 6-10 September 2021
- Language: English, Spanish, French
- Other information: Fees range from 235-740€ (90€ for pre-conference)
Wageningen Seed Centre offers training programmes that differ in content and duration: annual short courses (International Course on Applied Plant Breeding, International Course on Seed Production and Seed Technology, International Potato Course, 'Stage sur les Plants de Pommes de Terre'), international courses, refresher courses, and an annual masterclass on seed technology.
- Institution: Wageningen Seed Centre
- Location: Wageningen Campus, the Netherlands
- Language: English, Dutch
- Other information: Wageningen Seed Centre organises an annual masterclass on Seed Technology in Wageningen. The aim of the masterclass is to offer professional seed technologists the possibility for a further deepening, broadening and actualisation of their knowledge and expertise.
Organic Seed Aliance's seed internship programme connects individuals who want to learn about seed production with experienced growers looking to hire interns.
- Institution: Organic Seed Alliance (OSA)
- Location: United States
- Language: English
- Other information: Internship is accompanied by an interactive online course (Spring 2021), including six modules over six months and focusing on biological, technical and economic aspects of organic seed production.